The Township has adopted a Truth in Advertisement Ordinance for all Businesses. This ordinance requires all businesses to identify themselves as being in “North Fayette” and not “Robinson”, “City of Pittsburgh”, “Oakdale Borough”, or other locations. Please read over the ordinance carefully and contact our Community Development Department with any questions.
Construction documents for any commercial building permit must be signed and sealed by a registered design professional in the State of Pennsylvania and must be reviewed and approved by a third-party agency prior to submitting a building permit application to the Township. Review the list of certified 3rd party plan review agencies.
Permit Submission Required Documentation
Utility use construction projects may not require a registered design professional and/or third-party plan review, but should still be discussed with the Community Development Department. Upon completion of a third-party plan review, the following documents are required for a building permit:
- Completed Building, Fire, Demolition, or Communications Application.
- Worker's Compensation Affidavit of Exemption Form
- Survey or Site Plan
- Two sets of third-party approved construction documents
- Energy Compliance (COMChecks)
- Allegheny County Health Department Plumbing Division approval
- Allegheny County Health Department and Agriculture plan approval for food handling
- Montour Run or Robinson Run Sewer Tap and Application and Fee. Contact our office if you're unsure which applies to your project.
- Permit Fee Schedule
Permit Turn Around Time
Upon submission of the required information listed above, the permit will be issued within 2-5 business days.
- Commercial Building Permit Quick Guide: Information and requirements for submitting commercial building, zoning, and fire system permits and plan reviews.
- Guide for Opening a New Business: Guidelines for opening a new business without any construction or change of use and for a no-impact home-based business.
- Fire System Guide
- Special Event Permit Application: Application for "Special Events" such as car shows, tent sales, and outdoor entertainment venues.
- Temporary Outdoor Dining Application (effective June 2, 2020).
- Current Codes Enforced by the Community Development Department